Kotak Multicap Mutual Fund Summary
Kotak Multicap Fund Launched on 11th September, 2009, this is an open-ended Fund. The objective of this scheme is to generate long term capital growth from an actively managed portfolio of equity and equity-related securities, focused on a few selected sectors. This scheme is for those investors who could invest for a minimum period of 3-4 years at least, and expect high returns. Investors should also be ready to bear reasonable losses in their investment.
Portfolio Diversification (as on 30th June 2020)
|Debt + Cash||5.94%|
|Cement & Cement Products||8.58%|
|Cash & Cash Equivalent||5.94%|
Top 10 Holding (as on 30th June 2020)
|Reliance Industries Ltd.||8.22%|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||5.46%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||4.25%|
|Ultratech Cement Ltd.||4.21%|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd.||4.05%|
|Larsen & Toubro Ltd.||3.85%|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.||3.27%|
|Axis Bank Ltd.||2.97%|
|Petronet LNG Ltd.||2.82%|
Kotak Multicap Fund Performance
Performance (As on 30th June 2020)
|Period||Fund Return||Benchmark Return|
Kotak Multi Cap Fund Scheme Strategy
- To achieve the investment objective, the scheme will invest in equity and equity linked instruments across market capitalization.
- The fund manager will generally invest in a few selected sectors, which in the opinion of the fund manager have potential to grow.
- The selection of sectors would be driven primarily by the growth prospects and valuations of the businesses over a medium to long term as per the discretion of the fund manager.
- The scheme may invest in listed/unlisted equity shares as per the extant SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 and amended by SEBI from time to time.
- The scheme may invest in another scheme of the Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund or any other Mutual Fund without charging any fees.
Kotak Multicap Mutual Fund Management
The fund is managed by Mr. Harsha Upadhyaya since 04th August, 2012. He is a Bachelor of Engineering, MBA (Finance) and CFA. He manages 3 funds of Kotak Mahindra Mutual fund. He has nearly two decades of rich experience spread over Equity Research and Fund Management. He is currently Chief Investment Officer at Kotak Mahindra AMC Ltd. His prior stints have been with companies such as DSP BlackRock, UTI Asset Management, Reliance Group and SG Asia Securities.
Important Measures (As on 30th June 2020)
Benchmark Index: Nifty 200 TRI
Net AUM: ₹ 27975.82Crores
Option Available: Growth Option and Dividend Option (Payout& Re-investment)
|Regular Plan||Direct Plan|
Entry Load: NA
a) For redemption / switch out of upto 10%of the initial investment amount (limit)purchased or switched in within 1 year fromthe date of allotment: Nil.
b) If units redeemed or switched out are inexcess of the limit within 1 year from thedate of allotment: 1%
c) If units are redeemed or switched out onor after 1 year from the date of allotment:NIL
NAV (in Rs) *As per fund fact sheet 30th June, 2020
|Direct Plan||Regular Plan|
Investment Risk: Moderately High
Market capitalization: Small, Mid and Large
Minimum Application Amount: ₹ 5000
Scheme suitable only if you are an investor-
- Who is looking for long term capital growth.
- Whose investment preference is predominantly in equity & equity related securities generally focused on a few selected sectors across market capitalisation.
The fund invests across Large, Mid, and Small-cap companies. It has been able to balance well between all three types of capitalization and holds several unique companies in the large-cap space. Kotak Multicap Mutual Fund has outperformed the category average since inception. Tarrakki recommends this to the investors who want to invest money for more than 5 years as a lump sum or a SIP.
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India’s leading financial services conglomerate. Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra bank Limited (KMBL), is the Asset Manager for Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund (KMMF). KMAMC started operations in December 1998 and has approximately 21 Lac investors in various schemes. The company is present in 82 cities and has 86 branches.
Address: Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co Ltd, 27 BKC, C-27, G Block, BandraKurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051
Phone No: 91-22-66056825 / 91-22-62185000
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tarrakki list of top 10 funds to invest:
1. UTI Nifty Index Fund
2. Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund
3. Axis Focused 25 Fund
4. Nippon India Liquid Fund
5. Mirae Asset Emerging Blue Chip Fund
6. Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund
7. Axis Mid-Cap Fund
8. IDFC Low Duration Fund
9. Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund
10. Kotak Standard Multicap Fund